Wednesday 10 May - Tuesday 31 October
Tourist Information Centre
£4.00 (unless otherwise stated)
Guided Walks around Ipswich
Our entertaining and informative Ipswich guided walks are available from May to September on Tuesdays and Thursdays, with occasional evening and weekend walks.
Unless stated, walks will start from Ipswich Borough Council’s Tourist Information Centre, last about an hour and a half and cost £4.00 per person.
Please refer to the timetable below for further details.
Additional walks during special events, celebrations and for children during school holidays are available throughout the year.
Contact the Tourist Information Centre for further details.
Tuesdays at 2:15pmDiscover more about Ipswich on one of our special themed walks. No need to pre-book.
- 25 July – The Marvel of Medieval Ipswich
- 1 August – Ipswich Goes to War
- 8 August – Blue Plaques
- 15 August – Docks to Designer Developments
- 29 August – I’ve Never Noticed That Before
- 5 September – Old or New? True or False?
- 12 September – Made in Ipswich
- 19 September – Medieval Miracles
- 26 September – Giles
Thursdays at 2:15pmJoin our Thursday walks to discover different areas of Ipswich. No need to pre-book.
- 20 July – Blackfriars to Waterfront
- 27 July – Heart of Ipswich
- 3 August – Saints to Waterfront
- 10 August – West Side Story
- 17 August – Blackfriars to Waterfront
- 24 August – Northern Lights
- 31 August – Saints to Waterfront
- 7 September – Heart of Ipswich
- 14 September – Blackfriars to Waterfront
- 21 September – West Side Story
- 28 September – Saints to Waterfront
Evening and Weekday WalksPlaces MUST be booked in advance. Contact the Tourist Information Centre.
- 31 October at 6pm – Horrible History for Families
- Heritage Open Days: Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 September – Walks are free and start at 10:30am
- 28 December at 10:30am – Christmas Walk